Ionorde 4 is an advanced high frequency radar which monitors Earth’s ionosphere by transmitting vertical pulses and precisely measuring the reflected signals parameters. It utilizes high technology hardware in conjunction with accurate and fast data processing techniques in order to remote sense of ionosphere. This low-cost and efficient scientific instrument extracts real time ionospheric condition and parameters from received signals by doing robust and precise measurements and calculations. Its compact and low weight Tx/Rx structures and easy to use software make it efficient and distinctive. Furthermore, unlike similar systems, it gives researchers a wide variety of options to select transmitted pulse waveform parameters such as amplitude, bandwidth, modulation, duty cycle and etc.
- Accurate measurement of ionosphere reflected signal parameters: Amplitude, phase, delay, wave polarization, Doppler frequency and angle of arrival.
- Real-time monitoring of ionospheric plasma characteristics
- Collecting a compact database of ionospheric parameters to develop or improve the reliability of prediction models
- Continuously observing and studying ionospheric structure and dynamics
- Travelling Ionospheric Disturbances (TID) detection and characterization